Frazer Dealer Management Software requires the following minimum technical specifications:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 (Note: Frazer is unavailable for Windows RT and not supported on any Apple – Mac products, including those set up with virtualization software. Frazer is also not available on Chromebook / ChromeOS.)
- 2 GHz processor (3.2 GHz or equivalent recommended)
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 2 GB of free hard disk space (5GB recommended)
- 1024 x 768 Screen Resolution
- User Account Control (UAC) must be on in operating systems in which it is available
Frazer Dealer Management Software has the following recommendations if using the software over a network:
- Minimum 100 Mbps network interfaces on all PCs (1Gbps recommended)
- Hardwired Ethernet connections (wireless networks can have frequent interruptions in service)
- Use of a single router whenever possible (multiple routers within a network can be problematic)
- All shared computers should be in the same sub-net and Windows workgroup (Private or Work Network - No Homegroups)
- Windows updates kept current on all machines
- Protect all computers with an updated anti-virus program (uninstall all expired anti-virus programs)
- Server access via internet or within network may be required for technical support
Domain Users - Technical Support may be limited for users in a domain. Have your System Administrator's contact information ready for us to better serve you!
Install Path - By default the Frazer program is loaded to a file named Frazer30 on the C drive. There will also be a secondary folder named FrazerPrint.
Frazer SQL users will have an additional FrazerPostgreSQL folder that manages the Frazer database. The windows service pgsql-8.3 needs to be running in order for Frazer to access the database.
Firewall - If planning to locally network Frazer, please add a firewall exception for the Frazer Program to your current anti-virus/firewall program.
FTP - If doing vehicle uploads Frazer may sometimes use both passive or active FTP. Please adjust your firewall accordingly. When in doubt, allow full access.
Frazer SQL users will also require an exception for port 5432 in order to share the database over the network.
Power Settings - Please make sure server or main computer is up and running and set to not hibernate at times when users are connected...and also at time of any vehicle uploads, or automatic back ups.
Administrative Passwords - While we understand the need to prevent certain users from accessing or changing certain things, please ensure that someone at the location has access to administrative logins and passwords.